"Here I come to save the day!" The phrase I hear every morning after Ranger has gotten dressed and is headed down the stairs. He's an optimist for sure. We are near the big 4. Yes, you read that right...4 years old. It has been a beautiful journey so far. Every bit of it. The laughter, the tears, the blood, the sweat, the vomit, the smiles, the arguments, the coughs, the trips, the falls, the prayers, the learning abilities, the experiences, every word that has come out of his sweet little mouth and every idea that has shined out from that blessed little mind. Ranger Edwin Davis...you are destined to be a star.
Brotherly love. Ranger loves Asher. Asher LOVES Ranger. So much so...sometimes Ranger is the only one who can calm Asher down. I've never seen a baby be so entranced by someone. Its incredible the facial expressions that Asher makes in response to seeing or hearing his big brother. All I have to do is lean Asher down towards Ranger and the giggles ensue. Now I know what you're thinking...don't get ahead of yourself, Angel...they'll be enemies soon enough. You know?...I'm not so sure about that. Will there be fights?...yes. Will there be tears?...yes. But I'm thinking they may be a dynamic duo.
Soccer. I gave in. I'm actually a soccer mom. Not official until I get a suburban or minivan...but a soccer mom nonetheless. We enrolled Ranger in i9 Sports soccer for 3 year olds and it has been so much fun! I was nervous...nervous as to how he would react to friends and coaches...games and soccer kleats...and to be honest...the first practice/scrimmage looked a little more like human bowling than preschool soccer. And. He. Loved. It. The first Saturday they chose their team name....the GhostMonsters. Adorable. Ranger rocked it in his shin guards and kleats. He stretched, ran, and kicked the ball into the goal during practice. But he was missing one key motive during the scrimmage....he would not go after the ball if anyone else had it. He would only kick it if it came to him. He said it was their turn to play with it! (Heart of gold, that child.) He ran really well with the pack of preschoolers though! He also tumbled really well into the pile of preschoolers too! So the week afterwards, we worked on taking the ball away from other players. We explained how it is okay to steal the ball from the opposing team. And boy did he take that to heart. First real game rolls around...Ranger scores his first soccer goal ever. It was a celebration to be remembered...I mean, applause, fireworks, a gold medal...but really...he scored his first goal!!! He had a blast and we had no idea what was to come...Game 2 rolls around...Ranger scores 6 goals. Coach has to send Ranger to the sidelines in order to let others get a chance at the ball. Mommy missed that game due to a rock show, but heard all about it for the next week. Game 3...Ranger scores 4 goals and once again, Coach has to send him to the sidelines for many water breaks. We worked on cheering on our teammates and praising the other team as well. Needless to say, we are very much enjoying soccer and loving that Ranger is having a great time. i9 Sports...amazing.
Awanas. I had no idea what Awanas was when Austin and I were asked to volunteer for it at our church. We were asked to do recreation time for the kindergarten-5th graders, which of course I jumped on. I LOVE SPORTS and KIDS! Yes please! So we enrolled Ranger in Cubbies since we were going to be at the church anyway! Basically, Awanas is a great place for kids to learn Scripture and work on memorization skills. This is Ranger's favorite place to be. Really...it has been incredible to watch him learn Scripture. We do the Cubbies activity at home, memorize a verse, and he recites it to his teachers at Cubbies on Wednesday nights. So far he's learned 8 verses...and can recite each of them and review them easily. He looks forward to learning them! He wants to know what the words mean! He loves God's Word. It is beautiful to watch! #faithlikeachild Y'all...we had a discussion the other day about salvation. My 3 year old...he told me how to get to heaven. He told me that God loves me. He is beginning to understand grace. I cannot express the joy that fills my soul when I hear these words from him and see the understanding in his eyes! God is moving in a mighty way through Awanas! Get your kids involved!!!
Preschool is going well. Ranger loves his teacher and his friends! He ran in the Fun Run last week...26 laps! Ran the entire time. Loved it. He's so into everything that he does. He wants to accomplish things. He wants to learn things. He is living and loving it. We are so incredibly grateful for him. And our prayer is that Asher finds the same joy in life that Ranger does. May they both find joy in each other, us, their friends, their family, and most importantly...their Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment