Wow. My first post since November. To say we've been busy is an understatement. Lets see...major milestones since I last wrote?...Ranger learned how to ride his bike without training wheels...and oh yeah, HE ASKED JESUS TO COME INTO HIS HEART!
My heart is full to tell you that Ranger asked Jesus to forgive his sins and come into his heart! We were driving home the night before his 4th birthday. It was just me and Ranger in the car listening to music. He suddenly asked, "Mommy? How can I go to heaven?" He had asked me that several times before and we've always told him what the Bible says about salvation. This time, I said..."Someday, if you want to ask forgiveness you can." Ranger replied, "Okay I'll do that now. Jesus, please forgive me for my sins and come live in my heart for always." Cue tears. And they were dangerous tears, because I was driving. I was slightly shocked, so I didn't say anything when he finished his prayer. About two minutes and 2,000 tears later, I asked him how he felt...he said, "I'm good. He's right here with me." Cue 3,000 more tears. Isn't God awesome? "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" Matthew 19:14
Salvation totally made him the perfect child, right? I say this with all the love in the world, but becoming a Christian puts a detailed target on his back. Satan does not like young faith. So my prayers of late have been for protection for his sweet faith. Satan and all the sin in this world will try with all their might to steal it from my boy. But God is bigger than all of it, and Austin and I will do our best to teach him how to handle it all in a Biblical, loving manner. May he stay strong in the faith and love others with the love of Christ.
On to the bike riding phenomenon. We really have Ranger's best friend, Abby to thank! Abby and her parents spent the evening with us a few weekends ago. She brought her bike (without training wheels) and whizzed around on it outside with Ranger tagging along behind on his bike (with training wheels). She also had knee pads and elbow pads...That definitely did it for Ranger. After getting some knee pads and elbow pads, we went on a ride the next day and on the way home, he asked us to take off his training wheels. After a few silent looks at each other, Austin and I agreed and went home to take them off. I'm such a mean parent...I had it all mapped out in my head what was about to happen. Austin would put him on, push him off, and down he would go...tears flowing. Then it happened...Austin put him on the bike, pushed him off...and down he went...down the road!!! WHAT? I think we were both in complete shock. It was like he had been riding his bike for years. Ready for new adventures.
I met with Ranger's preschool teacher last week to assess where he is at educationally speaking and socially. She gave him a rave review. Told me he is beyond ready for kinder even though he is a November baby. We know he is, but we've made the decision to put him in preschool for one more year. Besides...we LOVE Lamb School. It has been such a blessing to us and Ranger has grown so much there.
Enough about Ranger...lets move on to Asher. Asher William Davis. 11 months old. I gum everything to death because my teeth are non-existent. Mom keeps telling me, "Walk...walk...come to mommy, Asher." My goodness, that lady needs to understand I will get there how I want to get there and she can't change that. I scream about everything, whether happy or sad...makes life more fun. I loves balls. I eat whatever you put in front of me...because I can. I put everything in his mouth....because everything deserves to be tasted. I open every cabinet....because it makes mommy come running. And as soon as they leave that gate open, I beeline it for the stairs. I LOVE STAIRS. There is this other kid that lives in my house...he touches my head all the time...but I have this crazy love for him. His toys are quite tasty too. Did you know that there is this bowl on the floor that they keep filled with water? Its awesome...I splash in it all the time. Sometimes I get lucky and tip the whole bowl over! My mommy always comes running, yelling something about a dog, but I can't help splashing in this dish! I'm a beloved momma's boy....no shame, y'all...she is a great cuddler. I sleep great at night in my own crib...I discovered one night (about nine months old)...that mommy and daddy won't come if I scream bloody murder...so I just put myself to sleep now. I can say words!... "Mama, Dada, Bubba, nana (banana), and ball". Mommy says I wave like a pageant queen.....I don't know what that is, but it must be adorable because people ooo and aaa when I do it. Oh, and there is this thing that they stick in my mouth if I scream too much...it tastes good. It hooks on my shirt and I drag it on the floor when I crawl, which makes it taste even better next time I put it in my mouth. Anyways, I love it. I sleep with it all the time. Mommy says I take morning and afternoon naps like a champ. Oh and...there is this singing dog that my Papaw and Memaw gave me...it sings a happy, clappy song...and I can't help but clap along to that beat! Y'all, my Grumpy...he says this Proverbs of Solomon thing to me...and I just have to hug him so tight when he does that...I love him. But that's nothing....I have this Granny Sue who does everything for me. I count on her to save me from whatever plight I've gotten myself into. She's always right there....shouting, "Asher! NO!" Its great. I feel so loved. So yeah, I think I've got a great plan in place for mommy and daddy. I'm going to give them a run for their money, but I love them...and I know they love me.
That's all for now. Guess I should change the name of the blog.
Be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment