Just take a moment and think of your worst bed-head morning. I'm talking about hard-core, frizzy, all-over-the-place, tangled muss of a wig on your head. Well that was definitely me this morning...and due to the incredible miracle of morning sickness...I didn't care. So I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast and Ranger greets me with a friendly, "Yay Mommy! You are so beautiful!"...and a big hug. This child was either born sarcastic or his dear father has influenced him already.
I wholeheartedly believe Ranger is going to be a fantastic big brother. He prays for "the baby in mommy's tummy" during every prayer, tells me how sorry he is that the baby makes me sick every morning, and reads books to my tummy. He's convinced that the baby will play football and Hi Ho Cherry-O with him. Boy is he in for a treat. :)
Today was our last day at MOMS here in Austin. Ranger absolutely adores his teachers and his time there. They put together a little concert for the end of the year...which Ranger has been practicing in the car on the way home every Thursday for the past three months. The kids did fantastic and Ranger had a great time! I'm so grateful for all of the hard work those ladies put in to making it such a fun and meaningful experience for my boy! I'm hoping we can find something as good to attend in Houston this next year.
Austin graduated from the University of Texas this past weekend and we had a fun celebration for him! Ranger did a great job sitting during the ceremony...of course Papaw's tic tacs were very helpful with that. We strategically placed Papaw in the seat right behind Ranger's. Every two minutes, Ranger would stand up, turn around, and whisper "Tic Tac?" to Papaw...who so graciously lifted his great-grandson up, sat him in his lap, and fed him tic tacs. That man has my undying gratitude for keeping my child quiet through the ceremony. Ranger did enjoy singing, "The Eyes of Texas" at the end. He gave his Hook em for Daddy after he walked across the stage and he very much enjoyed wearing daddy's graduation cap for a couple of adorable pictures. We are extremely grateful that God blessed us with our time here in Austin at UT. I know Austin very much enjoyed being a Longhorn and has loved teaching his son anything and everything UT related.
Ranger is definitely living up to the 3 year old expectations. We have sarcasm, tantrums, and unexpected embarrassing questions every day. Passing gas is hilarious to him...I mean...he gets red-faced from laughing so hard. One of his newest ways of pouting when he is told no is to say, "Awww...you guys made me ink." Now. I have no idea how he has associated this Finding Nemo reference with making us feel guilty for not giving him something....but it works. Every time he says it, I either almost laugh or give him what he wants. Its so stinkin' adorable. Crafty child. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
Christmas is quickly approaching and we are very much looking forward to hosting Ranger's two sweet cousins and his Aunt and Uncle at our place. I'm sure he is going to have a blast with the girls! Until then, have a Merry Christmas and remind your kids that Jesus is the reason for the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment