Monday, August 4, 2014

Spelling champion. Sort of.



"What's your name?"...."My name's Ranger! R-A-N-G-E-R!" ...That's the normal conversation between my son and every new person he meets now. "Mommy, how spell, tree?....How spell, truck?...How spell, water?..." Ranger seems to be prepping for the national spelling bee these days. He is absolutely in love with words and letters. He's definitely a counter too, but his greatest interest at the moment is spelling. My mom suggested I go ahead and work with him on reading skills, so we are officially starting pre-school in the fall! Yes...we are going to start out homeschooling our kid. Now, don't you all bang your heads against the wall so fast...I can do this. Its just pre-school. When we get to the algebra stage, feel free to use the wall right next to me.

We have had a fantastic summer filled with many different activities, but I know Ranger is ready to be home. He has told me several times that Daddy needs to pick him up, take him home, go on a walk with Rusty, turn on Mickey Mouse, and make dinner. Apparently he misses that routine. I'm pretty sure Ranger thinks we will be taking Granny Sue and Grumpy home with us....he is going to miss them greatly. He loves them so much! But we will be back and forth to Houston when we have a rock show to do with Grumpy!

Ranger attended Spy and Science Camp a few weeks ago. He made all sorts of crafts and was very excited to attend each day. He still asks when we're going to go again! I love that he is so into everything. He desperately wants to understand everything and learn as much as he can at every opportunity. Yes, it can be very frustrating at times when you just want a moment of peace...but its so worth it when he remembers something you've taught him. You can literally see his eyes light up when he figures something out!

I am so excited for the holidays! Daddy's graduation means Ranger will get the chance to be around a lot of family! His cousins (Maggie and Jodie), Uncle Steven and Aunt Mandi will be here as well as all of the grandparents! How we're going to juggle seeing everyone and getting Austin through graduation will be a puzzle, but we will truly just be grateful to see everyone. Ranger has especially been praying for his Grandpa. Austin's dad has been very sick lately, so Ranger prays for "Grandpa, feel better, please." What a family this kid has been given. God must have quite the plan for Ranger to have given him so much love and support.

Ranger saw a Huggies commercial on tv the other day. He said, "Mommy! I like that baby!" ...I said, "Well, maybe Mommy will have another baby someday for you to play with." He replied..."Mommy! I want a sister!"....I don't even know how he knows the word, "sister"...but he's probably destined for brothers now...just for wishing that. Annnnd that's all I have to say about that.

My little socialite has been struggling lately since we haven't been at home to go on play dates with his Austinite friends. Church has been tremendous in helping with friends and we went on one play date this past week. Since VBS and camp are through, Ranger spends all of his time with us. Daddy being home this weekend was a great help. He played soccer, rode bikes, and wrestled with Daddy! Ranger just has to be around people. He actually threw a fit the past two weeks when I've taken him to his Sunday School class before any of the other kids arrived. He just doesn't understand the concept of his friends will be there soon...he's just early. The kid has some extraordinary personality, that I can barely keep up with. I'm grateful for it...just trying to keep up the pace. God has certainly blessed him with people skills. Now lets see if Austin and I can equip him with other life skills he will need....starting with his Star Wars Phonics book. Thank you Barnes and Nobles. Bring on the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment