Well 2 1/2 is coming along swell. Ranger has got three molars coming in right now who are causing havoc with his sinuses. Poor kid has been battling a small fever for the past two nights...but always seems right as rain in the morning. He's grown a little since his second birthday...and we're still working on how to jump. He's quickly mastering the no-pedal bike Grumpy got for him. He loves to speed up and coast down hills with his feet in the air. I can't think of much more that gives that boy more joy than the mention of going on a bike ride. Swimming, maybe. He's a real fan of the swimming pool. We got him a flotation piece which allows him to be on his own in the water (with mom and dad extremely close by). He absolutely loves the freedom and has done a good job learning how to kick his legs and move his arms to get him where he wants to go. I'm hoping he'll be extremely comfortable in the water by the time the summer is over.
Ranger finished his first school book last week! He learned how to control his coloring to inside the lines of pictures. I absolutely love looking from page one to the last page of the book! Its astounding to see the progress he made throughout the book! Right now he is working on using a pencil to navigate through mazes. I've been watching to see if he is a lefty like his daddy. He's pretty dominant with his right hand when coloring, but he uses his left for a lot of other actions. So I had him try both hands when using the pencil. Very shaky with the left, but he could navigate the mazes. And then one day...I watched as his right hand slowly steal the pencil from his left and finish the maze. It happened over and over no matter how hard he tried to finish the maze with is left. Fun mommy experiment...I guess only time will tell. But boy does this kid love his school. Everyday he says, "Mommy! We do school tuh-day! Okay, Mommy? Sound good?"
We took a visit to SeaWorld today. First time I have been since I was 3 or 4. It was so much fun! Ranger absolutely loved Shamu. Every time one of the whales would spit water into the audience, he would burst into giggles! Ranger danced with the Sesame Street Characters, took a picture with Cookie Monster, rode his first carnival rides, saw sharks, penguins, dolphins, sea lions, and every other sea creature you can think of, and enjoyed some soft serve ice cream. We even went into the conservation center before closing time. The employee handed Ranger a Walrus tusk. While Ranger was holding it, the guy told him what he was holding was worth way more than a Corvette. Poor kid was more interested in the snake exhibit next to him. He'll understand some day.
And on to the big news. Nope, no siblings yet. Sorry to get your hopes up. Austin and I have decided that I am going to stay home with Ranger beginning this summer. Being a working mom has been such a struggle for me ever since he was born, that we finally gave this decision to the Lord and He has led us down this path. Ranger is learning so much, so fast, and he deserves a lot more than what I can give him when I'm gone half the day. Austin deserves much more. So we're going to do this. I have three weeks left at the school. The parents have started asking if I will be back in the fall...and as much as I have come to adore those kids, I have such a sense of peace when I tell them no. But let me tell you...Satan did like it when we decided to follow God's will. I haven't felt this attacked with stress and crazy things in a very long time. It has undeniably been some of the hardest days in my life recently. Prayers are greatly appreciated. I'm grateful I was able to experience the life of a "working mom"...and I'm grateful to start this new journey. The encouragement that has been sent my way by friends and family has been outstanding and the cement to our path. I can't thank you enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment