Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Just like Jesus?

Tonight, Ranger pulled his children's Bible down from the shelf and asked to read Jonah. It is his favorite story in the Bible and usually the only one he will sit through and interact with. But tonight, I convinced him to listen to the story of Gabriel telling Mary the news that she would give birth to Jesus. Ranger sat through it and even answered my questions afterwards! He asked if he could make God happy, so we talked about singing songs to God and praying. We signed to "Jesus Loves Me" and prayed. Then it was bedtime...so I told him to go potty. He jumps up and yells, "YAY! Just like Jesus! I go potty like Jesus!             What. Just. Happened.

This morning, Ranger brought me his crown that he made at MOPS last week. He gave it to me and said, "Here, Mommy. You're my princess."...then he turned and ran down the hall squealing.    That. Just. Happened.

We were in Crazy 8 looking through the sales to see if we could find any good clothes for Ranger. He pulls out this pair of briefs and says, "Look Mommy! Just like mine!"...then he proceeds to pull down his pants to show me that he was wearing those exact briefs.     I thought the store clerk was going to pass out from laughing so hard.

Ranger was eating his lunch in the high chair. I leaned over the side to see how it was going. He was drinking out of his water cup...looked up at me...pursed his lips and spit water all over my face. Afterwards...I stood there in shock...Ranger says, "Mommy, you need a baby wipe."

Ranger has been big on telling people how old he is. He loves saying that he's not 1 or 4 or 6...he's TWO!...as he holds three fingers up to show.

When you tell Ranger "I love you."...he replies, "Thank you!"

Yesterday, we returned to our normal routine of mommy going to work and daddy going to class. Ranger and I got into the car to go to his sitter's house and he says, "Mommy? We go get your food now? We go Chick-a-fay?!" Kid knows me way too well.

So yes, Ranger has a sense of humor. Not sure if he knows it all the time...but he'll crack up at himself when he says things. If you don't laugh with him...he repeats and repeats until you laugh. He's very articulate now and pretty easy to understand. He is thoroughly able to get his point across and argumentative as they come. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel like I should start teaching him pre-school curriculum now. But I'm so not ready for that! What happened to my ginormous cuddly baby?!

Ranger has spent most of the past two weeks with Granny Sue and Grumpy. One week of Spring break and then a few days while I was working a family event. Boy did he have blast! Granny Sue very much enjoyed taking him places, working puzzles, reading, and just showing him the kind of love that a grandparent was created to do. Grumpy got him a little bike...that has no pedals. Its supposed to help kids learn to balance and possibly go straight to riding a bike without training wheels. We'll see...lol. Ranger also got to visit with Pappy and Grammie! He loves spending time with them. Ranger doesn't even realize how incredibly blessed he is to have three sets of grandparents and three great grandparents!

Our current Ranger project...we are trying to teach Ranger the difference between girls and boys. Its progressing...I'm just going to leave it at that.

And so are the newest details of what its like to live in the world according to Ranger. Its full of twists, turns, laughter, tears, but lots of love. Stay tuned for details of the ring bearing which will occur this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment