Monday, February 17, 2014

Mad Counting Skills

"Mommy! I hep you! Pwetty Pease, Mommy! I hep!"- Ranger is one heck of a helper! I was fixing dinner tonight and he immediately asked for the step stool. He stood semi-patiently watching as I cut up the chicken and dipped it in the breading. He then impatiently stomped and said, "I try it! I try it, Momma!" He currently doesn't understand the concept of cooking the chicken before you eat it....but he showered me with compliments saying that it looked just like chick-a-fay chicken. Great kid. And who knew...Ranger loves asparagus! Austin grilled some the other night and told Ranger that it was veggie gummies and the child scarfed it down! A picky eater he is not right now...thank the Lord!

A picky sleeper he is quickly becoming. Lord help us. Ranger skips naps...naps at odd times...and has an incredibly hard time staying in his bed at bedtime. Now waking up...right on schedule every morning at 6:50ish. Needless to say, mom and dad are suffering from the lack of sleep. I applaud Austin for keeping up so well with Ranger and me especially with working and school. Not sure I could do that. I'm only working part-time and I feel constantly exhausted at the end of each day. And you know what?...we'd have another kid in a heartbeat if we could right now! So so worth it. Ranger may be in an extreme testing stage, but by golly we've got this. I'm kind of excited to see that fight in his spirit. It gives me comfort to know that he is going to have a little fight and perhaps someday he will use it for the glory of God.

Ranger is going on three weeks now in big boy undies throughout the day! He's done a great job in the nursery at church, MOPS, and Bible Study. We decided to let him stand up to use the potty which has worked out wonderfully! Great aim for a 2 year old...but I still keep the sanitizing wipes handy. I'm sure he is going to be mortified if he ever reads this later on in life.

I love the way Ranger sings "Jesus Loves Me" now. He uses his hands to sign while he sings and when he gets to the "strong" part, he says, "they are weak, but JESUS is STRONG!" The ocd side of me wants to have him sing it correctly, but then I sit back and just enjoy him changing up the words to fit his version. Same as when he comes walking to me, hands reach out while saying, "Mommy, I pick you up!"...I scoop him up but don't have the heart to correct his speech. As for talking...he should win an award. This kid can talk up a storm. He constantly wants to learn and repeats every little thing he hears...tunes and noises included. Ranger's counting skills have improved...yes, he can still count to 40...and now he can count to ten in Spanish, German, and he's working on Russian with Babushka!

Can't keep up with him. So so blessed. Hold your babies...they grow up too fast. He's going to be graduating before I know it. Slow down time...give me more moments to savor and more chances to hug my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment