Do you ever wonder if your child is a genius? Well mine isn't....but he's pretty darn close in my opinion. Proof you ask? Why just yesterday, Ranger pointed to each letter on the stroller and spelled out "Kohl's." And then there was last week when he was working his color puzzle with Granny Sue....he was placing the colors in the wrong spots specifically to be funny. Well, Granny Sue got distracted with something on tv until he tugged on her...she looked down to find the puzzle completed...correctly. More proof you say? Well...he knows the difference between and airplane and a bird!...and just to make sure you do too, he will add sound effects. His building duplo block skills are way better than mine. And he has definitely mastered steering his Cozy Coupe way better than the rest of the family can drive a car. Yes, my son...the 21 month old little genius.
Aside from being a genius, did you know that Ranger is an expert mimicker? I'm talking...words...bodily functions...motions...attitudes. Good thing Austin and I are perfect parents...otherwise, we might have a problem. "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18.
I was reading a blog a friend of mine posted the other day. It was a different outlook on the concept of finding your soulmate. In fact, it was a disagreement with the concept that God has a spouse out there specifically chosen for you. Her view was that God gives us choices (which I believe He does) and he gives us many potential spouses to choose from. You pick one, fall in love, and spend the rest of your lives sticking it out according to Scripture. Hmmm...now let me think about this one. I chose Austin...I fell in love with him...I chose to have a child with him...and this child just happened to be perfectly suited for the both of us and hand woven in my womb by our great Creator. By my choice. Hmmm...not my belief system. Let me take you backwards in time from this verse... "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb." Psalm 139:13. From this verse alone, I find myself believing in a Creator who had Ranger in mind far before I ever did. Ranger wouldn't be here without God, Austin, and me. Austin and I decided to have a child after much prayer and faith and longing for a child. Austin and I married because we felt God's calling to marriage and we felt a deep love for each other instilled by our Savior. Austin and I dated because we both were in need of a loving partner to encourage each other and enjoy each other. Austin and I met in the church youth group because our families chose to raise us in a Christ-centered environment and both families were called to worship at the same church. We didn't search for each other...we were brought together specifically to help fulfill a part of God's greater plan. Now I don't know what that plan is, but I'm enjoying the journey he has taken us on this far. Now let me pull the infamous Jeremiah 29:11..."For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Yes, I know he was speaking to the Israelites at a certain time in history. I also know that this Scripture holds true for me and my child. My God is bigger than my choices...even though he gives me the freedom to choose. Ranger was created for a purpose not fully known to me or any of you. But I have faith that his life will bring glory to his Creator. Therefore, I respectfully do not agree with this newfound "not really my soulmate" idea.
Until the next great Ranger adventure...be blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment