Saturday, July 13, 2013

ABCs and Potty Please.

Everyone says time will fly when you have a child...and up to this point it most certainly has. I can barely remember what it was like to hold my infant...all 9 lbs 1 oz of him. (I will take the Super Woman title the nurse gave me at the hospital and wear it like a champ.) But today I heard a lady speak on Psalm 90. Verse 12 to be exact. It says, "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." What an incredible reminder to use our time wisely and enjoy each moment, even in the sorrows and the trials, because God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but one of power, love, and sound judgment. So that is my newest adventure...to cherish the good times and learn from the bad...making sure each moment counts to somehow glorify my Savior. There are so many days with Ranger that I think I must be doing something wrong. Then I realize, I am not the perfect mommy, God is in control, and if it is His will...my son will make it to 18 potty trained and with good manners.

Ranger is in full blown potty training. Don't judge because of his age. He showed signs early on that he was interested. We just connected the dots and now we're cleaning up after them. Good news!...He totally gets going potty in the big boy potty. Bad news...He just recently decided peeing in his training pants gets him a lot more attention. Apparently mommy's attention is tastier than his reward m&ms. But we will prevail. I have access to a washing machine and plenty of Clorox wipes.

Oh but you've heard all about the potty training already. You're interested in Ranger's newest feat? Here's a good one for you. Ranger has finally learned he can get out of his bed all by himself when he wakes up. (Enter drastic music). Oh yes, it was cute the first time. I was standing in the living room when he poked his head around the corner and grinned. He then came running over to give me a big hug. Adorable!...Then yesterday, mom and I were in her back bathroom talking when all of a sudden we hear, "Tada!"....only 45 minutes into his nap. But this afternoon, a new obstacle has come into play. Ranger accidently closed the door on himself, trapping him in his dark room. He then proceeded to bring over his sock monkey and blanket and lie against the door rolling back and forth banging into it until I came in to whisk him back to bed. This story can only get better...time will tell I guess.

Ranger has done really well with learning words. I can't even count the number of words he can say now and he's putting some together in two word-three word sentences. He can also sing his ABCs with mommy. He can also recognize letters of the alphabet and say them to you. Sometimes I wonder...is this for real? He's not even two years old! Is he supposed to learn this quickly? Can we get a scholarship to a university for this, please?

And prayers of encouragement go out to our state leaders today! What a fight they have been fighting these past few weeks and I do believe most of them have done it in a peaceful manner directed towards saving the lives of thousands of unborn children. I was saddened to see the way many pro-choice supporters and pro-life supporters behaved, but I commend those who stood up peacefully. As a pro-life advocate, I love passion, but I also love compassion. And I wish I could reach out to every pro-choice advocate individually and listen to them and love on them. I'd love them to see how being pro-life doesn't mean I hate women or have no respect for their choices. Perhaps the best way for us to show them is to be peaceful and compassionate, but firm and strong in our belief system. Remember, you don't know everyone's story and the worst thing you can do is assume you do. Words can hurt, so choose them wisely. On a side note, when God blesses us with another child, I cannot wait to take Ranger to the sonograms. I want him to understand what life is and witness first hand what a miracle it is.

But, until then, we are enjoying watching Ranger grow. What an incredible journey it has been so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment