We have been very busy this summer already! Ranger has been swimming in the big pool with mom and dad as well as wading in his small pool in the back yard. He's definitely shied away from the big pool as he realized he can't breathe when he dunks his head under the water. We're working on that. But he has full confidence in the small pool and especially enjoys dipping in to get wet, then climbing out to run all over the yard feeling good. Unfortunately, he'd rather go commando than wear his swim diaper or trunks. We're working on that.
In other news...potty training. Its going well, actually! I'm sure it would work better if I were a little more consistent. But he is very good about coming and telling us he needs to go. Yesterday, he went once for daddy and twice for me. He enjoys the M&M prize and flushing the toilet. He says, "Bye bye pee pee" while the M&M saliva drips down his chin. I'm hoping he'll be pretty set by the time we start him at the sitter's again. Only issue is he's very into taking his diapers off around the house...we're working on that.
Ranger has had three small adventures already this summer. Granny Sue and I took him to the zoo earlier this week. He loved the animals and even made dolphin sounds at the sea lions. He was face first against the glass at the chimpanzee exhibit. Our friendly neighborhood chimpanzee paced back and forth in front of him and finally licked the glass right where Ranger's hand was. I'm not sure if he was kissing...or trying to taste. Either way...thank God for heavy separation glass. The same could be said for the lion exhibit where the female paced back and forth right in front of us. She was hungry. Enough said. We also took Ranger to try out The Little Gym for the first time. It. Was. Awesome. He loved climbing on the balance beam and doing forward rolls. His coach is a former Kansas football player and now criminal justice major named Theron. Ranger didn't know what to think of him at first, but was giving him high fives by the end of the class. So I was sold...signed him up for classes in July. I can't wait to get him started! The third adventure began last night...we put together a bike seat for him. Yep...the old fashioned hook it on the back wheel riding seat. He went for his first ride last night and loved it. He did not want to get out of the seat when we got home. I'm excited to use it for riding next to Austin on his evening runs...(since I am not a long distance runner whatsoever). Don't worry, we're being safe...we even bought Ranger a helmet. Now you all know he's got a big head...but ridiculously enough...he has to wear a 5&up helmet. Huge head.
That's all for now, folks. Don't worry, every day is a new adventure with Ranger, so I'm sure I'll be blogging again soon. Until then...love on your kids. Love on your husbands/wives. Love on your mothers/fathers. Family is so worth it. Family is what God intended. Be understanding and be gracious.

No comments:
Post a Comment