Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ranger, Asher, and Jack...the Davis Trio

Far too long inbetween posts. I know. Trust me. I know. Poor Asher...I haven't documented 3/4 of his escapades like I did for Ranger. I guess that's what happens when you're chasing two incredibly rambunctious boys around. Oh yeah...and we're having another one. Some days I rack my brain wondering how on earth I'm going to handle that. I go into panic mode...which turns into "I'm a failure already" mode...which sometimes turns into tears...and then slowly and surely, God reminds me that He hasn't given me anything I can't handle without Him. The tears dry, the boys' laughter brings me back to the reality that parenting is hard...its full of ups and downs, late nights and early mornings. But its worth every second of it.

Lets start with Ranger.

Kindergarten. Its looming. I mean, its coming up sooner rather than later! I'm so glad I listening to some wise advice from some sweet ladies and waited a year to start Ranger in kindergarten. He was fully ready last year, but now, he's prepped and excited! He really enjoyed his last year in pre-k and was blessed with a fantastic teacher. He graduated with honors...I'm going to assume that since his teacher told me to throw in a lot of 1st grade work for him because he's mastered most kinder tasks. And now the answer to everyone's question...yes, we are homeschooling him. He asks me every day when we're going to start. He's ready for summer to be over! His personality continues to amaze me. He loves his friends with a passion unheard of for a five year old. He's incredibly patient with his little brother who constantly terrorizes him and is learning slowly but surely that he's stronger than the 2 year old. His favorite game is to tell Asher to ask for something...which in turn leads to an Asher tantrum when I decline his request. So fun. Ranger is a spectacular big brother and is exceptionally happy that he's gaining another brother this year. He had a sweet reaction on Easter when he opened the golden egg and read us the note that said, "You are going to be a big brother, again!" Speaking of reading....oh my word. Ranger reads like a 1st grader. He reads everything. Austin and I can't even spell certain words anymore in front of him because he understands them!!! Not gonna lie...watching him read to Asher is one of my favorite things. Anyways....kinder should be fun.

On to the AsherDasher.

Oh Asher. Well, we typically start the day with squealing and giggling. Austin wanted the boys to sleep in the same room when Ash turned two so they would be used to it by the time Baby Davis #3 gets here. Whoever wakes up first usually calls to the other in order to wake him up...then ensues the giggles and squeals. Eventually, they make their way downstairs into my bed to cuddle up on either side. This lasts approximately 30 seconds before Asher asks for milk and Ranger asks to watch PBS kids. Once we get breakfast on the table...he spends approximately 40 minutes yelling done when he's only taken two bites of his food. Once I've finally convinced him to eat at least three more bites...I set him free to terrorize the house. He's potty training slowly. I won't even go there. He does enjoy taking his diaper off during naps. That's been fun. His vocabulary has increased significantly since he turned two but his favorite word is still "no." His favorite song is ABCs which he sings on an endless loop...he's also a fan of Old MacDonald. Asher wants to do everything big brother does and usually does it with style. He has more bumps and bruises already than Ranger has accrued over his five years of life. He does life quickly and he does life his way. The terrible twos are upon us once again...

And then there were three.

Baby Davis #3 was planned...yet quite a surprise. Once again, God has astounded us with his grace and boggled our minds as to how we will handle another kid. When I saw the second line on the pregnancy test, I was filled with terror. Not quite what you expected to hear is it? Some might say that I should have been grateful, excited, and over the moon about being pregnant. Nope. Just filled with terror. How will I do this? Will the boys be okay? What about our finances? What about my rock business?...all these thoughts crammed into my head within 30 seconds of seeing that second line. So I took the test out to the garage where Austin was working and showed him. I swear that man nearly jumped out of his shoes. The delight and joy that filled his face woke me up from my trance and I realized once again...that children are gifts. And God gives really really good gifts all in His timing. So here we are...about 5 months in with a due date of December 3rd...and a name for a sweet boy who is already so incredibly loved. Jack James Davis. James is for Austin's dad, Jim who is probably beyond thrilled to pass on more Davis traditions to another boy! Jack means "God is gracious." Plain and simple...and perfectly sent in God's timing. For real...we were going crazy over names so I just prayed a simple request one morning for God to just give us the name. Lo and behold..."Jack" was chosen that night in perfect agreement between his argumentative parents. You're loved little Jack...we can't wait to hold you outside the womb.

Ranger...Asher...Jack.
We've had a busy summer. VBS. Summer camp. Visits from cousins. Zoo visits. Weddings. Papaw visits. Swim lessons. Grumpy and Granny Sue moving. Summertime is fun and fast and hot. I wouldn't have it any other way. I pray your summer has been just as much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment