Feleeze Naeedad....FELEEZE NAEEDAD! I ish oo a merree kissma! Yep, you guessed it! Ranger's newest favorite song. We're pretty sure it comes from Grumpy reading him the Feliz Navidad book and finally hearing the song every ten minutes on the Christmas radio station. Ranger has found a passion for singing. Every time we get into the car now, he asks for "singing"...which means, "turn on the radio, mommy!" When he gets bored of the radio, he resorts to the playlist of songs in mommy's head. The newest being, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart...where?!" This kid loves him some retro kids praise. And I am A-OK with that.
So Ranger's terrible two's are progressing right along. We have full fledged tantrums at a moment's notice..."no's" around every corner, hitting and pushing on a whim, and stark rebellion at the most in-opportune moments. His worst behavior comes when he is dropped off in a nursery or at his sitters' house. He begs to potty, refuses to then potty, and begins his "no" tantrum and pushes anyone in sight. Give him 10 seconds after I leave the room, and he is as angelic as they come. Its just the perfect amount complete chaos to leave me in tears and feeling like the worst mother in the world. Sure sure, people say all mothers feel that way at some point in time...but I totally get it. I'm sure with lots of prayer and patience, I will make it through this phase with him...but sometimes it seems endless. I hope he reads these blogs someday and decides to bring me flowers...
I picked up Ranger from MOPS today...he was playing a matching game with the nursery worker. Its so good to watch him participating in something when he doesn't know I'm present. He's energetic, happy, talkative, and inquisitive. Of course, he's all of those things at home...just with whining and constant attention-seeking thrown into the mix. The nursery worker pointed to me and Ranger whipped around to say, "MOMMA! There you are! HEEEE-HAWWW!" I'm pretty sure during the story of Jesus' birth being told...they emphasized what a donkey says and Ranger had it in his head he was going to remember that for me. He practiced his newfound donkey language the entire way home. :)
We had a great Thanksgiving at Granny Sue and Grumpy's house! Ranger was surrounded by constant attention, dogs, and toys. He loved it! He gobbled like a turkey, gobbled up the turkey, and acted out just enough to earn the nickname, "Turkey." He ventured out with us on Black Friday and was a great shopping buddy. So good that we paid a visit to the Disney store. Granny Sue found his Christmas gift there and earned a stuffed Christmas Mickey Mouse with her purchase. Ranger was already holding a normal Mickey Mouse when she approached him with his new Christmas Mickey. Boy, did she get a mouthful about who the real Mickey Mouse is....Needless to say, Granny Sue is dedicated to her Ranger Danger...she stood in line another ten minutes to exchange imposter Christmas Mickey with the real Mickey. There is a reason this blog is named "The World According to Ranger..."
We are very excited for Christmas this year. Ranger is showing so much interest in what Christmas is...I'm stoked to read him the Christmas story and explain his magnet nativity scene to him. He's been naming all the people and animals....now if I can just keep him from bending baby Jesus and throwing him under the fridge. Ranger loves our Christmas tree...so much so, he pulled it over on top of himself tonight. No injuries occurred...to Ranger or the ornaments. Ranger is getting a toy doctor set, a Buzz Lightyear, a Snoopy and a Woodstock stuffed animal for Christmas. His stocking will probably be full of tangerines...because he could eat 50 in one day, they're healthy, and they're cheap. Here's to a good holiday with family, friends, and fewer tantrums!
No comments:
Post a Comment