Tuesday, October 22, 2013

GOD BLESSZ YOOUU.

"GOD BLESSZ YOOUU." Ranger nearly fell of the back of the couch to say that to his daddy tonight. Never knew a sneeze could bring out such emotion from our kid. Speaking of emotion...Ranger has a lot of it. Its been quite the rollercoaster of emotions these past few weeks. His vocabulary has greatly increased...but he has mastered the word, "no." Now, he quickly learned not to say "no" to mommy and daddy...but anyone else, especially kids...he throws that word out first thing. I've run out of ideas to stop this behavior...I've even taken to reminding him of Llama Llama and the Bully Goat...Ranger is definitely the bully goat right now. Hopefully this is just a stage and will burn out eventually. Until then...*sigh*.

I picked up Ranger from the MOPS nursery last week. One of the teachers pulled me aside and intently asked me how I taught Ranger to count to 16 already. Well, gee, I was just as surprised as she was. As far as I knew, he could only count to 10. Where those next 6 numbers came from...probably daddy counting stairs with him in the evenings. Yep, our almost 2 year old is a fantastic counter. Hopefully he inherits daddy's math skills and mommy's writing skills. He can also draw a lot of his numbers on the Ipad and is working on his letters. Ranger also speaks in sentences a lot now. "I love you" is a frequent phrase, along with "I need to pee pee." A common phrase also heard in our household is "Oh Toodles"...coming from Ranger's obsession with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He knows every character and can even sing along with the theme songs. In a way, I'm thankful he's attached onto a show...judge me if you want, but it is nice to be able to have him sit and watch a show so I can take a shower. I was about done with the shower curtain flying open and toys dropping into the tub. Thank you, Disney. Thank you.

We visited Sweet Berry Farms this past weekend with our blessed friends, the Yeasleys! Ranger had a fantastic time playing on the pumpkins with Lucas. We picked flowers, road the hayride, ran through a corn maze, bounced on a giant bouncy thing, and fed the goats. Ranger absolutely loved the goats...he was telling us all about it the entire time. I love the way he enunciates "goat" with lips almost pursed at the "goooat!" Also, this kid is fantastic at corn mazes...he found the bell with no problem! I'm pretty sure his sense of direction is so good that he could have gotten us out easily...but he wanted to play, and mom and dad weren't as good at the corn maze. Ranger picked out some fantastic pumpkins too! We had a great time...awesome place to visit! We also made a quick trip to see Granny Sue and Grumpy! Let me tell you, this kid loves his grandparents. All three sets of them! He gets so excited when we talk about them or tell him we're going to visit or Skype. Well, Grumpy gave Ranger his first harmonica! HE LOVES IT! You should see his eyes when he blows just perfectly to make music from it. He plays with it a lot and always mentions Grumpy. I love that he can say "Grumpy" almost perfect now. The smile that emerges when he talks about him is priceless. He's still working on Granny Sue...it comes out "Sue Sue" or "Ganny Suuuue" most of the time. :)

Here is a sample of Ranger's normal prayer: "Yayzus, thank you, for, this, day, momma, daddy, amen." Cute, huh? It changes...depending on who we're with! Incredible! He is so young, yet he understands that he needs to pray for more people...particularly those in the same room with him. Sometimes when he's praying, I catch myself asking God to please let him just stay this way forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment