Friday, September 27, 2013

Mommy's Little Counter

"Blog, blog, blog."...that's what Grumpy grumped about today while driving cross country to see his firstborn grandchild. He must think that Ranger has done enough new things to warrant a blog from me. Good gracious, he's right.

We'll start with what everyone is dying to know about...how goes the potty training? Pretty darn well if you must know. In fact, I think this past week of Ranger being sick has improved his potty skills. What a blessing...? Ranger is on the high road to recovery from quite a nasty sinus infection that got both me and him over the past few days. A highlight from the sickness?...how about the two awesome days I got to spend at home with my buddy? Sick or not, I'll take it! We cuddled, called for Toodles (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse reference), drew letters on the Ipad, colored, playdoughed, chalked, and spent lots of quality time bathing and cleaning out his training potty. Fantastic. In fact, this morning, I was applying makeup when Ranger came in and said, "Mommy, hands!" I looked down to find an incredible amount of mucous covering his hands. The rest was hanging like Dr. Seuss' Oobleck from his nose. Needless to say, it has been quite an interesting past few days.

In other less disgusting news...Ranger has learned to say "Excuse me" very well. In fact, tonight at Barnes and Nobles, he was playing with the kids' train set and pushed in front of another child, but politely said, "Cooz Me". He also ensures that we use our manners as well...for instance, Daddy burped during dinner recently...Ranger cried out, "Daddy Cooze Me!" over and over until Austin said, "Excuse me." "Cooz Me" is also used for Rusty...poor Rusty hasn't discovered that he should move when Ranger says that to him. Instead, Ranger just steps on his tail every time. Best dog ever...he doesn't even flinch.

Did you know that the more kids grow...the heavier they are to carry up three flights of stairs? Our kid is destined to have some nice calves in the near future....because he's been climbing our stairs more often now due to either his new weight or mommy's weakness. Our little counter goes slowly, step by step....counting all the way to 12. Sometimes he skips 7,8,9 and goes straight to ten...but skipping numbers or not....he's not even two, people. What have I gotten myself into? He's also been singing along with us to his two favorite songs (ABCs and Jesus Loves Me). Most of it isn't quite discernible, but he puts an emphasis on his favorite letters and "they are WEAK, but he is STRONG. YES, YAYZUS UVS ME!" I can't wait until he truly understands "Jesus loves me." I can only hope it will be sooner rather than later. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” Mark 10:14-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment